- ‘Landscapes of Disappearance’ in Mexico — our new article, and a video
- My father, Howard Grant Crane (1941-2021)
- “Geographies of capital punishment” published in the political geography section of Geography Compass
- New article with Zoe Pearson: “Liberation” as a political horizon amidst the coronavirus pandemic in the United States
- “In defence of the hearing?” published in the political geography section of Geography Compass
- “Using ethnography and assemblage theory in political geography” published in the political geography of GECO
- “The anti‐geopolitical cinematic eye” published in the political geography section of GECO
- “On geopolitics and education” published in the political geography section of GECO
Category Archives: Calls, Convocatorias
Eli Meyerhoff circulated a call for participants in a workshop at the Dimensions of Political Ecology (DOPE) conference. The proposed workshop reflects Eli’s work on the politics of curriculum planning and education. It also promises to extend conversations at the … Continue reading
Andrea Miller sent me this Call for Papers, relevant to the 2016 meeting of the Association of American Geographers in San Francisco. It will be of interest to readers of the blog. *** CFP: “The ‘Other’ Side of the Bay: … Continue reading
Jeffrey Smith, the Book Review Editor for the Journal of Cultural Geography, has updated the list of books available for review in that journal. Potential reviewers are encouraged to be in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org). “Serious offers only,” Jeff writes.
Rohit Negi circulated a Call for Abstracts for a conference to take place 20-22 January 2016 in Mumbai. The conference is the culmination of the IDRC funded project, “People, Places and Infrastructure: Countering Urban Violence and Promoting Peace in Mumbai, … Continue reading
Majed Akhter circulated an announcement today for the upcoming “Reconfiguring Global Space” conference at Indiana University – Bloomington, which looks excellent. All talks and other programming are free and open to all. Excerpts from Majed’s announcement are cut-and-pasted below. *** … Continue reading
Chris Post circulated a call for participation in the annual conference on Landscape, Place, and Material Culture, hosted this September on the campus of Kent State University at Stark. Abstracts are due September 4, 2015.