- “1968, Fifty Years of Struggles” and other 50th anniversary events
- Geographies of crime and securitization in neoliberal Mexico, contributions to the Journal of Latin American Geography 16(3)
- Act in solidarity with “Academics for Peace” in the face of ongoing repression in Turkey
- Rashad Shabazz at University of Wyoming
- Geography Awareness Week at University of Wyoming, and a talk by Rashad Shabazz
- Book review forum on ‘The Anarchist Roots of Geography’
- Conferences and events on legacies of 1968
- Graduate student opportunities in Geography at University of Wyoming
Category Archives: Calls
This coming year, 2018 will be an opportunity to mark the fiftieth anniversary of 1968. On the thirtieth anniversary, Immanuel Wallerstein sought to coordinate the disparate events of that year into an identifiable “single revolution.” On the fortieth anniversary, others, … Continue reading
Una revista de FLACSO, Íconos va a publicar una colección de articulos en “geografías críticas en América Latina.” (En parte, este proyecto surge a través del trabajo del Colectivo de Geografía Crítica del Ecuador.) Esta es la segunda colección sobre … Continue reading
The organizers of the Landscape, Space, and Place Conference at Indiana University in Bloomington have circulated a Call for Papers. The proposed themes are timely and point important directions for cultural-geographical research. They include global conflict, borders, and nationalism; queer … Continue reading
The 2017 Action Research of the Americas Conference is being convened in parallel with the first Global Assembly for Knowledge Democracy in Cartagena, Colombia, in June 2017. Proposals are due February 13, 2017.
The CGSG offering several forms of support for graduate students in 2017. As we have in the past, we are distributing Master’s level ($250) and PhD level ($1000) research grants. We are also offering awards for student papers at the … Continue reading
The Global and Area Studies (GAST) Program here at University of Wyoming is seeking applications for its Visiting Senior Scholar to begin in Fall 2017 or Spring 2018.
Fifth International Conference on Geographies of Children, Youth and Families Loughborough University, UK 25th-27th September 2017 The theme for the Fifth International Conference in the series (following Reading, Barcelona, Singapore, San Diego) is new geographies of young people and families … Continue reading