- “1968, Fifty Years of Struggles” and other 50th anniversary events
- Geographies of crime and securitization in neoliberal Mexico, contributions to the Journal of Latin American Geography 16(3)
- Act in solidarity with “Academics for Peace” in the face of ongoing repression in Turkey
- Rashad Shabazz at University of Wyoming
- Geography Awareness Week at University of Wyoming, and a talk by Rashad Shabazz
- Book review forum on ‘The Anarchist Roots of Geography’
- Conferences and events on legacies of 1968
- Graduate student opportunities in Geography at University of Wyoming
Category Archives: The Americas
The organizers for the “1968, Fifty Years of Struggles” conference at Middlebury College have posted information about the conference including the schedule of presentations, and biographies and abstracts of the presenters. I will present a paper from my Between Repression … Continue reading
Geographies of crime and securitization in neoliberal Mexico, contributions to the Journal of Latin American Geography 16(3)
The editorial team for the Journal of Latin American Geography has released 16(3), which includes a number of excellent contributions, including an interesting analysis of changes in the spatial distribution of violence in Mexico between 2006 and 2011, a process … Continue reading
One of our students produced this great flyer for Rashad Shabazz’s visit to University of Wyoming. Rashad will present a talk later this evening related to his historical geography of the Minneapolis sound, part of a book project in progress.
Una revista de FLACSO, Íconos va a publicar una colección de articulos en “geografías críticas en América Latina.” (En parte, este proyecto surge a través del trabajo del Colectivo de Geografía Crítica del Ecuador.) Esta es la segunda colección sobre … Continue reading
The Journal of Latin American Geography has just released a new special issue on ‘Critical Geographies in Latin America,’ which is part of a very intentional turn in the editorial position of the journal (as detailed here in JLAG 15). In … Continue reading
The 2017 Action Research of the Americas Conference is being convened in parallel with the first Global Assembly for Knowledge Democracy in Cartagena, Colombia, in June 2017. Proposals are due February 13, 2017.